In case you're wondering where I've run off to during the month of November, the little one and I are both participating in NaNoWriMo.org (National Novel Writing Month.) Are you writing too? (For new posts, see below...)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2 Almost a Wipeout

So, as much as day one was fabulous and the ideas and words flowed from my fingertips like milk and honey, so today was the exact opposite. I don't know if I was tired, sick, fed up, crowded, bothered or what but by 3 pm I only had 700 words.  The best part of my writing was when I did a Word Sprint with NaNoWordSprints on Twitter. My 11 year old dd accomplished it with me. She is enjoying writing her book and is up to about 310 words. Very impressive for her, who usually gets bored with something right away.

The evening proved to be better after I acted like a grouch telling people I couldn't write with them near me. My husband chose to ignore me and play his video game so I propped the laptop up on my lap to block the TV, plugged in my headphones and listened to music while typing another 2400 words. Ahhh, what we can do if only we put our minds to it.

Last night I went to a Write-In at the local Barnes & Noble. Okay, we can't technically say I 'went' because I didn't identify myself to anyone there as a 'NaNoWriMo participant.' I just typed away in the corner all by myself. A bit shy I found myself. I did however, manage to do alot of typing being out and about without people chatting in my ear. I go tomorrow to another Write In, this one mom will be joining me. Who knows how much we will get done. We're not the best at being quiet. We like to talk and laugh. But it will be a good time nonetheless. 

Now to think up some more dialogue and events to happen in my book. It's already getting a one note feeling. Well, that will not do at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment